en - viewbounced issues

  • From: Gabe Helou <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: viewbounced issues
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:34:24 -0500

Often, when viewing the most recent bounce for a subscriber, I'm frustrated
by portions of the bounce message being mistaken for HTML tags. For
example:

No such user: <address@concealed>

appears as:

No such user:

when looking at it with most browswers. You can "veiw source" and look
through the page's HTML source, but that's a bit of a pain. To make
things more readable, I made a change to bounced.pl around line
319 (in version 3.4.2), changing:

print ARC <BOUNCE>;

to:

while (<BOUNCE>) {
s/\&/\&amp;/g;
print ARC;
}

The file written out to the bounces directory is no longer the exact
message that was returned to Sympa, but it's certainly easier to read
during "viewbounce" operations.

I don't know if this is a significant issue for other list admins, but
there you have it just in case.