en - Installing Sympa on Mac OS 10.2/Darwin

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Installing Sympa on Mac OS 10.2/Darwin
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:01:26 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to help an educational organization install Sympa on a
computer running Mac OS 10.2. The problem I've run into is that Darwin does
not contain a gencat command. I believe that gencat is part of Libc, and I
have found an untested libc patched by Ian Lister which might provide this
functionality. I am worried about installing an untested libc on this
machine, becuase I need this system to be reliable.

Is it possible to disable the NLS functionality in Sympa by commenting some
of the code? I only need to use Sympa in English for now. Has anyone else
successfully installed Sympa on a Mac?

Brian

  • Installing Sympa on Mac OS 10.2/Darwin, briwood, 11/12/2002