en - Re: [sympa-users] Change listname and batch create lists...

  • From: Mark Paxton <address@concealed>
  • To: Michael Hye <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Change listname and batch create lists...
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:24:09 +0000

Michael Hye wrote:

Hi,

I have two questions.

1.How can I change the name of a list? I try to do it by changing the
folder name and the list table in mysql. This doesn't work. Is there
some other place in SYMPA where there is a sort of index of
mailinglists?

I'd be inclined to create a new list as usual, copy the config file over, search and replace the listname in it, then move all the subscribers to the new list with the SQL query:

UPDATE subscriber_table SET list_subscriber='new-name' WHERE list_subscriber='old-name';

This worked on my lists.

Cheers,
Mark