en - Subscribe and unsubscribe by email

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Subscribe and unsubscribe by email
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:54:07 +0200

As a newby I was checking the documentation to see how users can subscribe
and unsubscribe from lists.

It was obvious to me that users can use the web interface but what was not
clear is that users can do so by sending an email to an address such as
address@concealed

Perhaps the documentation needs to be a bit more explicit (or I missed it in
my search) but this aspect makes Sympa extremely powerful. Particularly when
coupled to the fact that subscriber data can be stored in a database (e.g.
MySQL). Compare that with the other programmes (EZMLM, mailman, majordomo
etc.) and Sympa seems to be far superior - I have yet to figure out the
weaknesses:-)

Cheers

Nick Ananin

  • Subscribe and unsubscribe by email, nick, 10/04/2002