en - Re: [sympa-users] List summaries & HTML digests

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] List summaries & HTML digests
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:25:18 -0600

On Friday 20 September 2002 09:26 am, you wrote:
> Sympa already provides different kinds of digests :
> * digest : standard MIME digest
> * summary : list of messages only
>
> Summary format is defined by the summary.tpl template. Maybe you can
> tailor this template to your needs...

Sorry, there's 2 issues:

1) A summary of the messages sent to the list is being sent to all members of
the list. It's being done at the 'digest' time (the time specified by the
'digest' parameter). Why?

2) All of the current userbase (being migrated from a majordomo list) would
prefer a text-mode digest. Has anyone done that before and would be willing
to share their code? In the meantime I'll look at the summary.tpl, but it
seems to me that changing from MIME to text would be out of its realm.