en - Re: [sympa-users] alternate emails?

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] alternate emails?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:53:59 +0200

Adam Bernstein wrote:

> What is the function of the alternate email registration and/or
> unification in Sympa? I was assuming it was like Topica, so an
> alternate email address would then gain the ability to post to
> any lists to which the primary address can post, etc. But it
> does not seem to work that way. Nor does it seem to affect Web
> logins, in that logging in with the alternate email still does
> not show the groups to which the primary address is subscribed.
> So what is it supposed to do? And what does "unifying" do?
"Your subscribtion" button show you all your subscribtion
including alternate_email. Subscribtion unification change all
subscribtion with you alternate_email to your primary email.

> Or are alternate emails only used in conjunction with LDAP
> authentication, since that is the only place in the docs that I
> can find a reference to them?
Initial developement of LDAP auth as introdiced alternate_email.
Alternate email are not stored in sympa database but just in
the client side (cookie). A better integration of alternate_email
should store thoses emails in internal database and manage login
with.

Serge
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex