en - RE: [sympa-users] A bit of help?

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: "Jeremy Turner" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] A bit of help?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:38:17 -0400

At 10:03 PM -0500 8/7/02, Jeremy Turner wrote:

Have you installed sympa from source, or the Debian packages? Sympa and
WWSympa are in woody (and I assume sid) as wwsympa and sympa. You also
need to install the libnet-ldap-perl, because it provides some module
required, but for some reason it's not marked as a required dependency.
I got the same error, and that let to this result. Also, check

Thanks for the tip, Jeremy - I think I am now one step closer...

Actually, I installed from source. I didn't have libnet-ldap-perl. So I got and installed that - and still got an internal server error - however, added to that is the message "Can't do setuid"

So, clearly I'm doing something wrong in this arena. To be honest, the setuid stuff has always confused me a bit.

I went back and re-read the part about wwsympa.fcgi and permissions (node 6), and I realize that clearly I did something wrong, but I've honestly no idea how to deal with it. I'm not exactly sure I understand what a "Virtual Apache Server is". I don't want to run a dedicated apache server, I don't think. I used the standard apache packages from debian. As I said, I have apache as "www-data" uid/gid 33 and sympa as uid/gid 1011. I started sympa up using the sympa user - was that a mistake (although it doesn't matter - I get the same error whether I start it up as root or as sympa.)

Thanks again!
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575