en - RE: [sympa-users] A bit of help?

  • From: "Jeremy Turner" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] A bit of help?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:03:17 -0500

Have you installed sympa from source, or the Debian packages? Sympa and
WWSympa are in woody (and I assume sid) as wwsympa and sympa. You also
need to install the libnet-ldap-perl, because it provides some module
required, but for some reason it's not marked as a required dependency.
I got the same error, and that let to this result. Also, check

> On a related note - anyone have a good startup script? I can make my
> own or modify the one that comes with sympa (which doesn't work for
> me), but I thought if there was a good one out there, that would be
> great.

If you have installed the sympa, wwsympa, and libnet-ldap-perl packages,
there should be /etc/init.d/sympa and /etc/init.d/wwsympa startup
scripts. This works well for automatically starting up sympa and
wwsympa on startup (the debian packages ask you when you install, IIRC).

I hope this helps!

Jeremy