en - RE: [sympa-users] moving closer to wwsympa success, #2

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Mike Burgett" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] moving closer to wwsympa success, #2
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:52:09 -0700

> I've resolved this, by moving topics.conf from /etc to
> /home/sympa/bin/etc

Oh yeah, I remember hitting that when I was setting up. But I at
least got a "topics.conf not found" message in my log. You can, by the
way, place it in /home/sympa/etc, which is really where your local
customizations are supposed to go, rather than /home/sympa/bin/etc.
Sympa only looks in the bin/etc directory, for distribution versions,
if it can't find something in etc.

> It looks like the html that should go out on a request, is being
> squirted back into my log, and then wwsympa.fcgi is exiting.

Ahhhh. Web server is not recognizing it as a script, so is not piping
output back to the browser. I see you have a ScriptAlias line, but
I think it might need to come before the SetHandler and FastCgiServer
entries. The order in my httpd.conf is:

ScriptAlias /lists /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

<Location /lists>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

FastCgiWrapper /home/www/bin/suexec
FastCgiServer /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi -processes 2 -idle-timeout
90

There should be a detailed doc on configuring with Apache. I was going
to write one up, but I seem never to have gotten around to it... Also,
I imagine you've discovered by now that you need to un-setuid the wwsympa
script in order for suexec to run it, yes? That should be in the doc too.

adam