en - Re: [sympa-users] account creation

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Spencer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Vincent MATHIEU <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] account creation
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:48:56 +0200

Hi Chris,

Vincent Mathieu (French University of Nancy 2) has hacked a few wwsympa
templates and inserted a Javascript that checks the email/uid in the
loginbanner. If an email address was provided and it looks like a local
email address, the user is asked for its UID instead.
This does the trick because when Sympa gets an UID (no '@') at login
time, it does not look for password in its (MySQL) database.

The Javascript is attached to this mail.

Of course this will work for you only if :

1/ all you LDAP users have a common domain part in their
email addresses

2/ all local users are in your LDAP directory.

Hope it helps.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités