en - Ldap+authentication

  • From: Michael Biebl <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Ldap+authentication
  • Date: 08 May 2002 13:45:53 +0200

Hi everybody,

i've got a few questions concerning sympa and ldap.
I'm using Debian/Linux and a ldap directory for user authentication.
I've got one direcotry namend "People" where all the user information is
stored, then subdirectories, where I group the users logically, let's
say groupA(students), groupB(employees), groupC(admins) etc. The entries
in these groups are only references to entries in "People"

What I want is this:
1) I've got several mailinglists, for example list1, list2 ...
If I send a mail to list1 sympa should look up for all entries in the
directory groupB, and send the mail accordingly to this entries.
If I send a mail to list2 sympa should send it to all entries in the
directory groupC and so on.
Is this possible?

2) For every person, I have a special attribute: state, which means, as
long as a person works in our office, state is set to "active", if he
leaves, state is set to "inactive". Is it possible, to query this
attribute and only send mail, if state is set to "active"?

Thanks for any help,
Michael Biebl
E-Mail: address@concealed
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany