en - post-install issues

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: post-install issues
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:08:27 +0200

I’m testing Sympa for production environment and I’ve come across few
problems.

1. I’m running apache virtual server for WWSympa on nonstandard port
(8000). Some of the hyperlinks are fine (port number included in reference)
and some are broken (https link with no port number). Any way to fix it?
2. During testing I found out that welcome message (as well as some
admin messages) come from “SYMPA”. Now, if my subscribers get a confirmation
message from “SYMPA” they going to flip out. I changed name in config file,
removed all references to “SYMPA” in scripts and templates but it still
sneaks in to some messages. I installed Sympa from .rpm and don’t wont to
recompile it from source. Any ideas?
3. I have no problem with giving Sympa developers a credit on our
site, but until I’m sure that I got security right in configs and firewall I
would like to limit possibility for profiling Sympa by potential intruder.
So, what is best way to “anonymize” Sympa?

Thanks in advance!

Vadim Grigoryan

  • post-install issues, vadim, 05/07/2002