en - Re: [sympa-users] task_manager

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Sven Bandt <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] task_manager
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:52:15 +0100

Hi Sven,

Sven Bandt wrote:

> I installed sympa for the first time and it´s working pretty good;-)
>
> But one point I can´t find in documentation.
>
> Is it possible to create an own task via the sympa task_manager.
> I only saw something like remind.*.task, expire.*.task...
>
> But I think it is also possible to create an own task.
> I need to built a list- or globaltask, which is sending a template
> in a given period.
>
> For example every Monday sympa sends a FAQ to all subscribers.
>
> Do You have an idea, how to create this?

The task_manager's syntax allows you design such a task model, *BUT*
currently you can ONLY customize existing tasks (expire/remind) ; you
can't dynamically create a new custom task. We'll try to make it possible
in future releases though...

In the meanwhile, you'll have to use your crontab.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • task_manager, Sven Bandt, 02/15/2002
    • Re: [sympa-users] task_manager, Olivier Salaun, 02/18/2002