en - Re: [sympa-users] New sympa on Mandrake 8

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] New sympa on Mandrake 8
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:55:31 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I Have a working mandrake system, with postfix and sympa pre-installed.
>
> I've been going through the docs, FAQ, and list archives in an attempt to
> configure it correctly.
>
> I am going to stay away from wwsympa, because I cannot get the suexec
> thing working.
In mist case the problem comes from apache SuEXEC default. Suexec define
a lowest UID and a lowest GID allowed to be a target user and group for
suEXEC (usually 100). So Sympa UID.GID must be higher then this limit.
Check suexec apache documentation (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec_1_2.html )

> I've followed the instructions for creating a new list,
> and I have these files in my /home/sympa/expl/mylist/
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 571 Feb 12 06:29 config.tpl
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 29 Feb 12 06:29 info
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 47 Feb 12 06:30 message.footer
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 8 Feb 12 06:31 welcome.tpl
>
> Some files are in strange places though, and I'm wondering if I've put
> these list definition files in the wrong place entirely. Here are some
> of the other locations of sympa files on my system:
>
> /usr/share/sympa/wws_templates/arc.it.tpl
> /usr/lib/sympa/bin/bounce-lib.pl
> /etc/sympa/wwsympa.conf
>
> I am able to send and recieve administration mails to address@concealed,
> but the list I have created is not there. Should these files be in
> another location?
look at ~sympa/expl

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex