en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP-related

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Ingvarr Zhmakin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP-related
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:43:51 +0100

Hi,

Ingvarr Zhmakin wrote:

> I have my users info in LDAP base. There are group entries there with
> a few `memberUid' subentries.
>
> I'd like to make a list of subscribers just by including the members
> of that group.
> Is it possible to take memberUids from specified groups and then
> obtain their `mail' entries?

John Dalbec, from Yougstown State University, has extended the
include_ldap_query
feature to allow LDAP members inclusions in 2 times. This new feature is
available via
the 'include_ldap_2level_query' config parameter.
You will find its associated documentation bellow.

It is in Sympa CVS tree and will be in next release (next january).

********Documentation*******

13.2.6 include_ldap_2level_query

include_ldap_2level_query

This paragraph defines parameters for a two-level LDAP query returning a list
of subscribers. Usually the first-level query returns a list of DNs and the
second-level queries convert the DNs into e-mail addresses. This paragraph is
used only if user_data_source is set to include. This feature requires the
Net::LDAP (perlldap) PERL module.

host ldap_directory_hostname

Name of the LDAP directory host.

port ldap_directory_port (Default 389)

Port on which the Directory accepts connections.

user ldap_user_name

Username with read access to the LDAP directory.

passwd LDAP_user_password

Password for user.

suffix1 directory name

Defines the naming space covered by the first-level search (optional,
depending on the LDAP server).

timeout1 delay_in_seconds

Timeout for the first-level query when connecting to the remote server.

filter1 search_filter

Defines the LDAP search filter for the first-level query (RFC 2254
compliant).

attrs1 attribute

The attribute containing the data in the returned object that will be
used
for the second-level query. This data is referenced using the syntax
``[attrs1]''.

select1 first all regex (Default value: first)

Defines whether to use only the first attribute value, all the values,
or only
those values matching a regular expression.

regex1 regular_expression (Default value: )

The Perl regular expression to use if ``select1'' is set to ``regex''.

scope1 base one sub (Default value: sub)

By default the first-level search is performed on the whole tree below
the
specified base object. This may be changed by specifying a scope
parameter with one of the following values.
base : Search only the base object.

one : Search the entries immediately below the base object.

sub : Search the whole tree below the base object.

suffix2 directory name

Defines the naming space covered by the second-level search (optional,
depending on the LDAP server). The ``[attrs1]'' syntax may be used to
substitute data from the first-level query into this parameter.

timeout2 delay_in_seconds

Timeout for the second-level queries when connecting to the remote
server.

filter2 search_filter

Defines the LDAP search filter for the second-level queries (RFC 2254
compliant). The ``[attrs1]'' syntax may be used to substitute data from
the
first-level query into this parameter.

attrs2 mail_attribute (Default value: mail)

The attribute containing the e-mail address(es) in the returned objects
from the second-level queries.

select2 first all regex (Default value: first)

Defines whether to use only the first address, all the addresses, or only
those addresses matching a regular expression in the second-level
queries.

regex2 regular_expression (Default value: )

The Perl regular expression to use if ``select2'' is set to ``regex''.

scope2 base one sub (Default value: sub)

By default the second-level search is performed on the whole tree below
the specified base object. This may be changed by specifying a scope2
parameter with one of the following values.
base : Search only the base object.

one : Search the entries immediately below the base object.

sub : Search the whole tree below the base object.

Example : (cn=testgroup,dc=cru,dc=fr should be a groupOfUniqueNames here)

include_ldap_2level_query
host ldap.cru.fr
suffix1 cn=testgroup, dc=cru, dc=fr
timeout1 10
filter1 (objectClass=*)
attrs1 uniqueMember
select1 all
scope1 base
suffix2 dc=cru, dc=fr
timeout2 10
filter2 (&(dn=[attrs1]) (c=fr))
attrs2 mail
select2 regex
regex2 ^*@cru.fr$
scope2 one

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • LDAP-related, Ingvarr Zhmakin, 12/23/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] LDAP-related, Olivier Salaun, 12/28/2001