en - Re: [sympa-users] Questions

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Thomas Leavitt <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Questions
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:24:15 +0100

Thomas Leavitt wrote:

> ... I'm trying to interpret the "Bounces" panel... specifically, what do
> "permanent" and "success" mean, under the column heading "type"?
This result from a SMTP error coding. Unfortunitly, this doesn't mean
that all permanent error must be trash out of the list. In addition some
mailer do not respect the RFC and use incorrect code for errors. In my
opinion, this code is not yet a major criteria to decide which email
must be removed.

Serge
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex

  • Questions, Thomas Leavitt, 12/10/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] Questions, Aumont, 12/17/2001