en - Installation issues with sympa-3.3b.4-6.i386.rpm

  • From: "Thomas Leavitt" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Installation issues with sympa-3.3b.4-6.i386.rpm
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 04:14:44 -0800

Preface: I'm an experienced sysadmin (eight years and counting), so I know what I'm doing, generally. I don't ask for help lightly.

O.K., I've spent several hours now dorking around trying to figure out the answer to this myself, and didn't see any information anywhere else about this so:

I am trying to install Sympa onto a RedHat 7.0 machine, via the rpm

The install complains that a whole bunch of packages are missing... o.k. I went to the RedHat site and found most of the packages.

However, I cannot find:

perl-CGI >= 2.52 is needed by sympa-3.3b.4-6
*** no rpm by this name exists on RedHat, as far as I can tell
perl-ldap >= 0.10 is needed by sympa-3.3b.4-6
*** ditto
perl-CipherSaber >= 0.50 is needed by sympa-3.3b.4-6
*** so far as I can tell, no RPM of any sort is available on the 'net

MHonArc >= 2.4.6 is needed by sympa-3.3b.4-6
*** it also complains that the version of MHonArc is out of date... the latest I can get off RedHat.com is MHonArc-2.4.5-1.noarch.rpm

a) it would be nice if the RPMs required by the sympa rpm package were available from the web site
b) where do I find these... I really would like to maintain everything via RPM, it is so much cleaner... I guess I could just install it all from source, etc., but maintainability is a big priority for me.

Please help. Email me directly, or respond to the list as you wish.

--
Thomas Leavitt -- address@concealed; ICQ #16455919
http://www.internetmanifesto.org/

Wired since 1981. Internet enabled since 1990. Web enabled since 1993.