en - Re: [sympa-users] variable remote_host

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] variable remote_host
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:07:13 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

> Hello, i have a problem wiht the variable remote_host.
> In title.us.tpl i write the variable remote_addr and it works fine
> but when i try with remote_host it is empty.

I think that's related to your Apache configuration. By default Apache do not
resolve adresse (gethostbyaddr) in order to have a lower DNS usage and lower
response delay.

This is extracted from our https.conf :

# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP numbers
# e.g. www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off)
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on.

HostnameLookups on

Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47

  • variable remote_host, ecosta, 10/30/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] variable remote_host, Aumont, 10/30/2001