en - Privatekeyonly basic question

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Privatekeyonly basic question
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:45:17 +0200

I have two questions on the design of a list. I have not been able to anwser them from the documentation but the solution probably already exists and I am confused with the various concepts of sympa.

1) I would like to create a forum (list) where each member (subscribed person) is allowed to post (private) without moderation but I would like that an authentication message is sent to the sender before the distribution (to avoid usurpations of identity which are more and more frequent now). I understand that it could be done by the editor with "editorkeyonly" but is it possible to have this protection for any member? It will be a real advantage for the moderator who trusts the subscriber and doesn't want to moderate each authentic member.

It sounds, in sympa jargon, like Privatekeyonly, but does it exists?

In addition to the design of this list, I would like that any mail sent to the list from a non subscribed person will be moderated before distribution.

2) I would like to design a small mailing list, typically a few people, instead of a simple alias to these people. The advantage of a mailing list is the web archiving system mainly. This list should be moderated for non-members because I don't want to spread spams and viruses among even a few people.  But I don't want that the sender receives a message telling him that his message has been moderated. Only the message indicating the refusal should be sent (i.e it was a spam) to the sender.

Thank you for any comment.

Nicolas Brouard
Paris
mailto:address@concealed