en - Re: [sympa-users] Strage behavior with subscribers

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Strage behavior with subscribers
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 13:23:39 +0200

Hi,

address@concealed wrote:

> Firts Question
> i have a strange problem with the subscribers. I have a list with 35
> subscribers. now i have added 200 subscribers
> with the option "multiple add". The first time it was ok. The total number
> of subscribers was 235
>
> The next day i have accessed the list, the subscribers are 35. I cannot
> find the other 200. Sympa has deleted the new subscribers
>
> Why?

The subscribers may have been unsubscribed because the welcome message
has generated a non-delivery report (bounce).
You should check bounced's log file (the same as wwsympa).

> Second question
>
> I have tryed to connect sympa with Mysql. During the installation of the
> last version of sympa all was ok, The drivers for MYSQL seems to be
> available in the system
> I have created the sympa database and granted all privileges for the db
> user sympa.
> Sympa does not connect with the database and i receive an internal error
> (500) with apache.
>
> What's the problem?

Because you can't set WWSYmpa to debug mode, I recommend you run sympa.pl
with '-d' option ; it should provide explanation on connection failure.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités