en - Re: [sympa-users] suggestions/questions

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] suggestions/questions
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:46:32 +0200

Stephen Braswell wrote:

> My first question is about 'Customizing' on the List administration panel.
> When you customize a document (for example, the unsubscription message) and
> click Save, your document gets saved but you don't have a way to get back
> to the main 'Customizing' screen. Is there an easy way to add another
> button to take you back to that screen or perhaps have the Save button take
> you back?
Good idea, it is easy to induce in wwsympa. This need to modify wwsympa in
order to rename the customized file insteed of modify it so a "undo" button
and a new action can be introduce. We will do it very soon.

> Second, is it possible to allow the message footer to display the
> subscriber's email address using [user->email] ?
This is a frequently asked question. Current version of Sympa do not allow
this way because that would break the smtp bulk mailer with grouping many
"RCPT TO" in a single smtp session with a single body message transfert.
So we recommend you to use the "REMIND" sympa feature to send to each
subscriber a personalized message including a one click unsubscribtion method
(next version of Sympa include a task manager so you will be able to schedule
a remind every #n days). However, this seems to be a frequent need so we will
do it but, we need to imagine a way that some messages are sent without
parsing user variables, with low bandwith usage and high performences and some
others are sent subscriber per subscriber parsing variables like
[user->email]. This may be done for next version 3.3. (3.3apha will be out in
few days, 3.3 will be probably released in november)

(Many users ask for this feature because they want to use Sympa for spam).

> Is it possible to add a delete button for deleting owners and
> moderators for the List Config screen? Simply clearing out all the fields
> doesn't seem to always work for me.
Good idea.

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47

  • suggestions/questions, Stephen Braswell, 09/25/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] suggestions/questions, Aumont, 09/25/2001