en - Re: [sympa-users] Message filtering

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message filtering
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:43:45 +0200

Hi,

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> I believe sympa don't have message filtering feature, am I right?

Filtering features are available through the 'send' scenario customization.
Currently, all you can check are message header fields.
Example :
## this rule rejects messages which subject contain the 'forbiden'
word
match([header->Subject],/forbiden/) smtp,smime,md5 -> reject

Development version also provides the following variables :
o [msg_body] : the message body
o [msg_part->type] : the message parts content-types
o [msg_part->body] : the message parts bodies

This development version, as an alpha version, will be available in a few
days ;
we'll announce it in sympa-dev ML.

> If I want to add it, can you give me hint as where in the code I should
> start? And what subroutine I should call to make sympa return a specific
> bounce message (in case of rejected message)?

This alpha version will also allow to use a different template with
'reject' action.
Example:
## 'bad_words.tpl' will be used instead of standard rejection message
match([header->Subject],/forbiden/) smtp,smime,md5 ->
reject('bad_words')

Does this meet your needs ?

> I believe sympa actually parse MIME messages. I think the filtering should
> be done after the parsing, so it can recognize each MIME segment.

It should be fine...

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités