en - some messages disappear ..

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: some messages disappear ..
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:44:43 +0200

hello,
I'm looking for help for the following problem :
I've two servers
-a sympa/wwsympa/mysql server (I'm using sympa/wwsympa v 3.1b10)
-a mail server (smtp-pop)
I've the following problem :
a list is made via an sqlquery:
the result of my query is for exemple 1816 records (adresses) that i can see
in wwsympa (review)
all the subscribers have a local adress from my domain.
when i send a message to this list only a part of the 1816 adresses receive
my message (1149 in my case I check it in /var/log/maillog of my mail serever)

in my sympa.conf
i ve set as recommended
maxsmtp 100
i 've leave
nrcpt to 25

when i check in sympa.log, i see :
message for ...accepted ...(35 seconds 73 sessions)
that seems correct 73*25=~1816 , so i think that all the messages are sent
from my sympa server
Must I change something on my smtp server, oon my sympa server ?
Is it an excessive load for my machines?
Why don't i get errors messages on both servers ?

ps -With lists with a lower number (~800) of subscribers ( extracted from an
sql query too) there is no problem.

Thanks in advance