en - Re: [sympa-users] How can I stop a message from sending

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How can I stop a message from sending
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:21:47 +0200

address@concealed wrote:

> Is it possible to have a "parallel instalation so that I can continue using
> the old.
> version while I check that everything is working fine with the new one or,
> on the
> contrary, it is necessary to uninstall the old program to have the most
> recent?

If you install 2 Sympa on the same machine, you need to install it somewhere
else,
ie you need to customize the following Makefile vars :
o CONFDIR
o DIR
o PIDDIR

Example :
/home/sympa/src% make DIR=/home/sympa2 CONFDIR=/home/sympa2/etc
PIDDIR=/home/sympa2
/home/sympa/src% make DIR=/home/sympa2 CONFDIR=/home/sympa2/etc
PIDDIR=/home/sympa2 install

> I've also had problems with the bounce program (it worked fine for a few
> months but
> now it stops immediately after running it; maybe a memory problem, but not
> sure).
> I've read that the current version of Sympa has a lot better bounce
> management and
> that alone would be worth the update. What's your advice on these matter?

Bounce management did not change that much since 2.7a, though therer have been
many bug fixes and enhancement in bounced.pl.
Major changes are on the web interface side :
+ list configuration form
+ web document repository
+ list creation
+ performences increased

Details in the release notes :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/direct/release.shtml

I'd recomend upgrading to sympa 3.2.1 ; we can't provide support for old
releases
which have had many bugs fixed since.

--
Olivier Salaün