en - Re: [sympa-users] anonymous_sender

  • From: Claus Atzenbeck <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] anonymous_sender
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:40:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Olivier Salaun wrote:

> Claus Atzenbeck wrote:
> > [...]
> > For anonymous mailing lists I have inserted 'X-Envelope-From' and
> > 'X-X-Sender' to the following lines in List.pm:
> > [...]
> > Please could someone put these fields into the source code for further
> > releases until anonymous_header_files exists in sympa.conf?
>
> I've added an 'anonymous_header_fields' parameter to sympa.conf.
> It is in CVS now.

Thanks again for adding this option to the code.

I was working again on my anonymous list and something came on my
mind: Wouldn't it be better, if Sympa repaces in anonymous mode the
header completely with necessary fields like "From" and "To" and
fields which are named by an (sort of) "use_anonymous_header_fields"
option?

Reason: The owner of an anonymous list wouldn't have to be afraid of
the fact that someone's e-mail client could send a header field which
could identify the author and is not in the "anonymous_header_fields"
list.

Greetings,
Claus