en - can't install RPM

  • From: Claus Atzenbeck <address@concealed>
  • Subject: can't install RPM
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:55:36 +0200 (CEST)

I have
- Mandrake 8.0
- Sympa-3.0.3-1mdk installed
- perl-CGI-2.752-1mdk installed

When I try to update Sympa, I get the following error message:

*****
[root@thor download]# rpm -U sympa-3.2-4mdk.i386.rpm
Fehler: fehlgeschlagene Paket-Abhängigkeiten:
perl-CGI.pm >= 2.52 wird von sympa-3.2-4mdk gebraucht
*****

(Translation:
Error: wrong package dependencies)

There are 2 different RPM packages on rpmfind:
perl-CGI-2.752-1mdk
perl-CGI.pm-2.72-1mdk

Sympa 3.0.3 was asking for the first one (the newer one), Sympa 3.2 is
requesting the second (slightly older) one, although the first one
includes the same files as the second one.

Is it possible to tell Sympa 3.2 that the package perl-CGI is actually
the same than perl-CGI.pm??

Thanks for your help!!
Claus