en - Blanks in Linux file names for upload from Windows

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Blanks in Linux file names for upload from Windows
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 20:07:02 +0200

One of the severe limitation of actual Sympa is its lack of ability to upload documents from Windows clients. Most of people are now naming their files or directories normally i.e with blanks like "My Documents" . But unfortunately the Sympa server does not accept them.

I don't know what is the actual policy of Linux. But a simple command like

  touch "I'd loved you.html"

 creates a file which can be used on Linux and even sent by Apache server.

Also accented characters are transcripted:
http://foo.com/Je%20t'ai%20aim%e9.html

Is there a solution?

Nicolas Brouard
Paris