en - Text of the post attached to the mail

  • From: Herve Cassagne <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Text of the post attached to the mail
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:38:34 +0200

Dear fellow listmembers,

My list has been running with Sympa for a few days (it was on Listserv before). Two of the subscribers have reported a problem: they receive the texts of the posts attached to the mails they get (the text should be inserted inside the mail).

Since the other 300 subscribers of JLISTE do get the posts the right way, I guess there is something wrong with the settings of these two subscribers. Could anybody tell me what they should check and change? One of them is using Outlook (W98). I do not know about the other ones.

Is there FAQ about subscribers issues, such as how to configure e-mail software to post in the right format and receive the posts properly? The Sympa manual is fine for the list administrators, who install and manage the software on their servers. Is there a reference document for the mere "owners" who only deal with *users* problems, and not with most of the technical issues? I am one of these, since my list is hosted by a commercial society. And is there a manual for the end-users, the subscribers? All they get is the Help file, which is not enough for all of them.

Finally, is [sympa-users] the right mailing list for these simple owner problems? I'm not quite sure, according to the discussions I read here. But is there any other one?

Thanks for your help,
Herve

===
Hervé Cassagne <address@concealed>,
Responsable-modérateur du forum JLISTE
(presse et info en ligne)
<http://www.jliste.net/jliste.html/>
===

  • Text of the post attached to the mail, Herve Cassagne, 05/11/2001