en - RE: [sympa-users] Bad configuration file

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Olivier Salaun" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Bad configuration file
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 19:29:11 +0200

OK, updating the scenario with old-style moderation is a good idea.

If, for backward compatibility, you need to keep the old term of "editor", I
suggest you to change the label from "moderated with key md5 (editokey)" to,
simply, "moderated (editorkey)" because nobody knows what md5 means. Then
change the label "moderated (editor)" to "moderated old fashion (editor)",
or something like that. A native english speaking contributor could improve
the label. Idem for other languages.

And in any case, the garbage message output from the actual "editor" seting
is horrible. I remarked that in version 3.1.1 it does not work as good as
you said.

The moderator does not receive an original copy of the message. He receives
a single message with a clear Subject: Article to be approved" but a garbage
body.

If somebody could confirm my trials, it would mean that nobody in the world
is actually using the old "editor" fashion.

I suggest that even if a garbage is sent in the warning message, something
like "Ask the owner of the list to update the configuration parameter of
your list from "send editor" to "send editorkey" will be included in the
body. This code could be inserted in an "else" statement after the "if md5"
in List.pm described earlier.

I also suggest to suppress any reference to md5, to simplify owner's life.

Nicolas Brouard
Institut national d'études démographiques