en - Bad configuration file

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Bad configuration file
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:47:51 +0200

When I set a list to the standard "send editor", the message received by the moderator is garbage. If set to "privateoreditorkey" it is OK (the moderator can read the message, accept or reject).

I tried to enter the code and discovered that within List.pm the process skips some lines of code if the method is not equal to md5 (there is no print MIME-Version, boundary and dialog to ask the moderator). There is probably something wrong on my local configuration, but what? Any ideas?

It is close to line 1252 in List.pm (latest version)

if($method eq 'md5'){
  print MIME-Version
  test if encrypt
  print boundary etc.
  ask the moderator
}
  what happens if not md5: garbage for the moderator?
return $modkey;

I am not familiar of what md5 is (I thought it was a simple checksum) and why the incoming message are not detected as md5 message in case of "send editor".

Thank you.

Nicolas Brouard
Paris
mailto:address@concealed