en - Re: [sympa-users] Does it exist?

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Does it exist?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:26:30 +0200

> Nicolas Brouard wrote:
>
> In our institute we have one primary mailing-list. The subscription to
> the list is mandatory.
> Also the list is verbose (too verbose) and any usbscribed person can
> set his own profile to 'nomail' or whatever and still have access to
> archives through the WEB (pull).
>
> Now we want to set a new list, which will be used rarely, but any
> subscriber is set to 'mail' only.Typically only the director of the
> Institute is the owner-moderator.

The newly introduced list parameter 'available_user_options' allows
you to restrict available reception modes for subscribers.

> But I want that the
> subscriber-tables of both lists be identical so that owners of the
> primary list who have in charge the changes in the employee list will
> automatically update the second list.
>
> I know that I could do it via LDAP but LDAP has other rigidities. So
> is there an easy way to do it for example by adding some parameters in
> the config of a list, so that the database used for subscribers is
> named?

LDAP is one kind of external data inclusion.
You can also include subscribers from your organization's database, as
far as there is a DBD for it (check
http://search.cpan.org/Catalog/Database_Interfaces/)

You list config should look like this :

user_data_source include

ttl 3600

include_sql_query
db_type oracle
host sqlserv.admin.univ-x.fr
user banalise
passwd mysecret
db_name scolarship
sql_query SELECT DISTINCT email FROM student

Subscribers list will be dynamically updated from your database, every
<ttl> seconds. Lists in 'include' mode have subscription and
unsubscription
closed.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités

  • Does it exist?, Nicolas Brouard, 03/30/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] Does it exist?, Olivier Salaun, 04/02/2001