en - Does it exist?

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Does it exist?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:47:21 +0200

In our institute we have one primary mailing-list. The subscription to the list is mandatory.
Also the list is verbose (too verbose) and any usbscribed person can set his own profile to 'nomail' or whatever and still have access to archives through the WEB (pull).

Now we want to set a new list, which will be used rarely, but any subscriber is set to 'mail' only.Typically only the director of the Institute is the owner-moderator. But I want that the subscriber-tables of both lists be identical so that owners of the primary list who have in charge the changes in the employee list will automatically update the second list.

I know that I could do it via LDAP but LDAP has other rigidities. So is there an easy way to do it for example by adding some parameters in the config of a list, so that the database used for subscribers is named?

Thank you

Nicolas Brouard
Paris
mailto:address@concealed