en - sympa + fetchmail + postfix!?

  • From: Claus Atzenbeck <address@concealed>
  • Subject: sympa + fetchmail + postfix!?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:35:07 +0100 (CET)

Sorry to write once more to this list, but after 1 day trying to get
sympa running, I am stuck again. Maybe sympa is not the right program
for my system.

My Linux machine is connected to the Internet via ISP. I have created
one mailbox on my ISP's server especially for sympa. This mailbox has
aliases named after my list names.

fetchmail gets sympa's mail from this server and put it to
/var/spool/mail/sympa

Is there a way that sympa searches its mail file and puts it contents
to the appropriate mailing list?

I have also tried adding my mailing lists to /etc/aliases and
rebuilding aliases.db, like written in the documentation, but without
success.

BTW, sympa.pl, archieved.pl, and bounced.ps are running.

******

I am using postfix instead of sendmail. How can I configure sympa.conf
to use it too? In sympa.conf is:
sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
How can I change it to postfix?

I couldn't find any answers on these issues neither in the
documentation nor by playing around with sympa.
Therefore, thanks so much for you help!

Claus.