en - Re: [sympa-users] Resultats de vos commandes (fwd)

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa-Users <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Fil <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Resultats de vos commandes (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:28:16 +0100

Fil wrote:

> Is there a way to have "auth" use the MD5 check but not the "canonical"
> address? (If the user gets the MD5 cookie, then you can bet the address
> is good. The user may want to reply from another address.)
The goal is now to solve the problem that many user don't that
there is only one adress in the From: feld of their mails.

I think we could create a new table named mail_alias and add a
entry in it foreach alias sympa has checked. For each incomming
user, first use this table to get canonical email from a possible
alias email, then perform all other features.

In which case Sympa will add a entry in the mail_alias table ?
First using a new wwsympa form in the "preferences" page.
This could be also be done when user replys from a canonical
email to confirme an operation on a alias.

This could solve owners that have multiple email (to day they
are defined with multiple owners) and a lot of other problems
with mailing list servers, but it's a significant job.

Serge
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47