en - Re: remindpasswd

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: remindpasswd
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:09:59 +0200

address@concealed wrote:

> I'd like to be able to build a URL that will request wwsympa to send a
> user's password to them. I don't want them to see the normal
> remindpasswd screen, and I'm going to construct their email
> address.... I then want sympa to redirect back to my other web app...
>
> We can presume that they're subscribed to some list and have a
> password already.
>
> (I'm not letting them see it or fill in the form because it will
> confuse them in the context that it's coming from.)
>
> I see there is magic that seems to enable url's something like this:
> "http://address@concealed/referer/url.to.go.to";
>
> But I can't quite get it right.
>
> Is this possible?

Not only possible but already coded and documented :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/distribution/current/doc/sympa/node5.html#SECTION00590000000000000000

It works the way you expect it, except 2 things :
o you can't provide the user's email address in the URL
o you can't provide the referer, it uses the HTTP_REFERER

If you can use a FORM instead of an URL, you can do it this way :

<FORM ACTION="/wws" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="referer" VALUE="YOUR_URL">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="action" VALUE="sendpasswd">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="email" VALUE="THE_USER_EMAIL">

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="action_sendpasswd" VALUE="My password ?">
</FORM>

This way, you do the sendpasswd, without prompting the user for his/her
email address.

This fe

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités

  • remindpasswd, jmr, 10/01/2000
    • Re: remindpasswd, Olivier Salaun, 10/02/2000