en - a few questions

  • From: Struan Donald <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: a few questions
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:28:07 +0100

I've got a few questions about how sympa works. As a background I'd
like to use sympa for distributing newsletters. i.e only sending to
the subscribers.

Now, i've worked out how to set it all up so that only the owner can
send mail but I've got a few questions about how sympa works.

The first is that in some ways I'd find it more convient if I could
get sympa to send a file at certain times rather than have to email
sympa to distribute the newsletter. Now I understand that as newletter
distribution is not the primary function of sympa this is not liable
to be possible but if it is I'd like to know how.

Secondly, what happens if something causes sympa to fail half way
through processing a list. i.e what happens if not all the subscribers
names gets passed to sendmail. There seems to be no mechanism for me
to say "start sending again at the point it failed". As all the
processing of recipients seems to take place in memory (unless i've
misunderstood the code :) I can't see any way of doing this.

Thanks

Struan
--
Struan Donald