en - Re: ldap query

  • From: Justin Wood <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: ldap query
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 16:05:18 -0100

Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

> Justin Wood wrote:
> > I changed my filter line around in the include_ldap_query section, and
> > managed to get it working. However, it only takes the first email
> > address from the list. I found this:
> >
> > Sympa now only includes the first email address from LDAP entries.
> >
> > in the changelog for v. 2.3.0. Can I ask why this is, and if it's
> > possible to change? I don't yet see the logic in only including the
> > first email address.
>
> The LDAP query should return you N entries, each represents a person,
> with 1 or more alternative emails for each. Sympa then considers the first
> email as the most relevant for the person and ignores others.

Now I think I understand how this works.

> What filter did you use ?
> What behavour would you expect from Sympa ?

I set up a separate entry like
"cn=listname,ou=Sympa,dc=focal-net,dc=com". This I setup as a
mailinglist objectclass, and just added a couple members that I wanted
on my list. I assume now that instead sympa queries and finds multiple
user entries and takes their mail= attribute.

Not exactly what I was looking for.

> --
> Olivier Salaun

Justin Wood email: address@concealed
Ingénieur Système tél: +33 (0)1.42.81.80.80
address@concealed http://www.focal-net.com