en - Re: WWSympa in german && RPM of new version?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: WWSympa in german && RPM of new version?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:12:02 +0200

Niels Hansa wrote :
> I am currently searching for a new mailings list robot for the company I
> work for. I like many features that Sympa offers.
> But one thing is not very pleasing: Is there a german
> implemnataion/language translation for the WWS?

I far as I know, not yet.

> We definitely need the web interface the be in german! What about the
> templates? Do they use the NLS catalogues?

NLS catalogues are essentially used in sympa.pl.

> The documentation/manual does not say anything about custimizing templates.

There is an entry in the FAQ :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/fom-serve/cache/56.html

Basically, to translate WWSympa, you need to translate each template
(in wwsympa/wws_templates/) as well as some data in the code itself :
- %title hash in wwsympa.fcgi
- a few data structure at the beginning of wws-lib.pl

> Also: Will there be a RPM binary of the new 2.7.x Sympa? Since RPM is just
> about a standard feature in many Linux Distributions (RedHat, SuSE) the
> developers should really consider distributing Sympa in the way of RPM
> also. I know I can build my oun RPM, but when when the developers build the
> RPMs these will follow the standards of the developers and upgrading will
> be much easier in the future.

Stephane Poirey used to produced RPM packages for Sympa.
Mandrake also includes a more recent RPM, which I guess is quite
similar to RedHat ones.

We plan to automate RPM generation one day....
Until then, if you produce one, we can add a link to our "Binaries" page.

Thanks.
--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseaux des Universites