en - Re: Subscribe to multiple lists at one time?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Subscribe to multiple lists at one time?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:44:13 +0200

Thomas_M wrote :
> I'm looking at a replacement for an old MLM, and Sympa is high on the list
> of possibilities. I have a couple of questions, though. Hopefully someone on
> this list can answer them.
>
> 1. Can users subscribe to multiple lists using a single confirmation?

Sympa will recognize multiple auth commands in a single message.
The user will receive multiple confirmation requests though.

Sympa implements S/MIME signing features : a single signed message
including SUBSCRIBE commands would be the smarter solution.

> 2. Can Sympa use a mail relay on a different host?

This is rather a MTA concern. You need to tell sympa where to find a
sendmail-like program. Configure this sendmail to use one or more relays
(round-robin).

> 3. Can the web interface reside on a different host?

What do the mail robot and the web interface share ?

1 - the code/API
=> you can install it twice

2 - the user database
=> you can access it from another server

3 - Sympa config file, list config file & templates
4 - spools
=> You NEED to share these files/directories with the mail robot.

We know of a ML service based on Sympa, split on 4 different servers
(bounce / commands processing / sending process / web).

Hoping Sympa will meet your needs.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseaux des Universites