en - Re: restricting content.

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Chuq Von Rospach <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: restricting content.
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 11:45:05 +0200

> Anyone have an idea how to do this? I want to be able to reject
> certain classes of content? for instance, I want to disable the
> ability to post things like .WAV or .EXE files. Is there a clean way
> to add this kind of content trap, or am I going to have to wrap Sympa
> with a procmail wrapper?

This is nearly possible with sympa using send scenario. You can include
the following rule to reject any multipart messages.

match([header->Content-Type],/multipart/) smtp -> reject

This not really what you ask for because you may want to allow
some multipart messages but reject some message taht contains at
least one ".exe" attachement. This not possible because curretly
the scenario module receive only the message headers as parameter
but the whole message.
Of course, if you are a procmail guriu, you can do it before the
message is queued for sympa.
We plans to extend the scenario scheme in order to allow condition
on the message body. We will also introduce a way to pluggin Sympa
some commercial virus scanner.

> Also, it looks like the archives for sympa-users are broken --
> wwsympa shows me the months, but all of the pages are blank.

Hum, that was a bug in a new feature, archive access will apply
scenario scheme in version 2.7 . It is fixed, thanks.

Serge

  • restricting content., Chuq Von Rospach, 05/02/2000
    • Re: restricting content., Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 05/02/2000