en - Re: some problems with mysql

  • From: Dominique ROUSSEAU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: some problems with mysql
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:57:51 +0100

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 11:34:20AM +0100, Piotr Kuciel wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> it is my first contact with 'mysql' and I need some help
> I installed mysql and I'd like to move subscribers list to database.
> - uncomment in sympa.conf paragraphs db.... - done (hmm, which db_user and
> db_pass, I don't remember any pass for sympa ?)

This is the MySQL password for user sympa

You have to set this up at the MySQL level.

You can find informations on how MySQL privileges work in
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Privilege_system.html#Privilege_system
and more specific to you probleme, regarding adding password to users :
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Privilege_system.html#Adding_users

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau <address@concealed>