en - Free Sympa install offer; MODINDEX

  • From: Craig Carey <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Free Sympa install offer; MODINDEX
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:50:46 +1300

( Reply to both: address@concealed, address@concealed )

[1]
Does anybody want an experienced Sympa system installer to install
over telnet, a Sympa system, and MHonArc and wwsympa or else a
archiving system that uses only archived.pl out of wwsympa. I would
do that for free if I could run my own 2 low volume mailing lists
on the newly installed system, maybe not for many months. My former
ISP now has a boy in charge who ended all services to me. I now
want to get a Sympa system with an archive up and running ASAP, say
1-2 days. (English preferable). Please e-mail me if interested.

[2]
I ask the CRU people: is there a fully free mailing list hosting
service around here: http://listes.cru.fr/ ?.
I can't see a mention of a free public service there.

I found FastCGI wwsympa too slow in a 100MHz Pentium linux PC. What
is the name and model number of the computer(s) that runs wwsympa
at the CRU website?.

[3] The Sympa MODINDEX command

A Sympa list server can be convenient to moderators even when there
is a large number of moderators.

Moderators can send the MODINDEX command to the list server, and the
message returned will say which messages have been neither approved
nor rejected.

So if moderators need to think or write before deciding about the
messages, then they can find out which of the messages, are those that
they do not need to make a decision about.

  • Free Sympa install offer; MODINDEX, Craig Carey, 12/27/1999