en - Re: Sympa does nothing ... :(

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: "Jorge Andres Brugger" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Sympa does nothing ... :(
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:12:05 +0100

> Hi.
>
> I installed Sympa v. 2.4 and i follow the instructions and read the FAQ.
> I've made the changes sugested in sendmail, etc. (I'm a RedHat 6.1 user)
>But ... when i send a mail to sympa, it does nothing ... the messages are
> stored in home/sympa/spool/msg, but nothing more. For example, if i need
> help i write a mail to sympa and in the body a write "help"...
> the message is received and stored, but i not get any help on my mail.
>
> Some ideas?

The message are stored in the spproprioate spool so the problem is not
comming from the queue binary program but from deamon sympa.pl.

You should run "/home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl -d" (su sympa before in order to
respect uid gid) . The -d option will probably give you the solution else
try "/home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl -dD" this a hi level of logs.

Regards
Serge Aumont