en - Re: again: sympa and ldap

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Barbara Schelkle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: again: sympa and ldap
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:03:46 +0100

> problem: that only works, if I (as the owner) send mail to the list.
> I have set "send private" in the config, but nevertheless, all
> people on the list get the following error, when they try to send
> to the list:
>
> ---------------------------
> From: address@concealed (Systeme de Multi-Postage Automatique)
> To: [...]
> Subject: Your message to team has been rejected
>
> You tried to send a message to a private list while you are
> not a subscriber of this list. The message is thus sent back to you.
> ---------------------------

This message is still the message returned by sympa 2.4 when the
scenari sned used retun "reject" whatever is the reason why the
scenari return reject. The reason why the mail is rejected will
be a paramter of the reject action in futur version. Anyhow it
should be appropriate in your case.

> of course there is no subscribers file in the respective directory.
> that means, sympa should connect to the ldap-server erverytime
> someone trys to post a message and check, if s/he is a valid
> member of this list, and therefore (and because of "send private"
> in the config) is allowed to send it. but my ldap-server-logs
> show no accesses from sympa when it rejects a message.

No, sympa will not connect to your LDAP server for each access to
the mailling list. This should be extremly slow process, so Sympa manage
include data using a Time To Leave period. The default TTL is 3600 second
and it may be modified using the list parameter TTL.
Check the problem using "TTL 1".

That's probably why you can't see LDAP access in your directory log, but
it doesn't give any idea of why the private list reject subscribers
messages.( Remember that address@concealed address@concealed and
address@concealed are different adresses even if all thoses adresses
read the same mailboxe ).

In order to understand this you should run sympa in debug mode
(run sympa.pl -d or sympa.pl-dD >/tmp/logs).

> and another question: I don't have the "subscribe" parameter set in
> the config, cause I think it's meaningless together with ldap.
> or should i set it to "close" ?

Whatever is the configuration file, subscribe, add, del and unsubscribe
value are always "closed" when user_data_source is include.

Serge

  • again: sympa and ldap, Barbara Schelkle, 12/17/1999
    • Re: again: sympa and ldap, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 12/17/1999