en - Re: setting up

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: setting up
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:39:38 +0200

> I think that I have everything configured correctly, as I did have a
> mailing list working correctly not too very long ago.
> But since then, everything has stopped working, and the only things
> I can find out are these:
>
> `mailq` outputs this:
>
> MAA30493 0 Thu Aug 19 12:02 <address@concealed>
> (Deferred)
> "|/var/sympa/bin/queue 0 sympa"

I'am quite suprised by the sendmail status for this file : "Deferred" is
usually the status for mails to be sent to remote hosts in trouble.

Anyhow, did you try by-passing sendmail ? Run the following unix command :

(echo "From: my@email" ; echo "Subject: help") | ~sympa/queue 0 sympa

Don't forget to set uid sympa firt (su - sympa), if you run queue program
as root, it will create a file owned by root in the spool and sympa demon
will probably hace insuffisant acces to remove it from the spool.

If Sympa demon is running, you may receive the helpfile. Else, check if
a file as been created in the sympa msg spool that contain :

From: my@email
Subject: help

Check queue program access ?

-rwsr-xr-x 1 sympa sympa queue

  • setting up, C.J. Collier, 08/20/1999
    • Re: setting up, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 08/20/1999