en - Re: sendmail or not sendmail

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Jean Brange <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: sendmail or not sendmail
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:02:38 +0200

> Hi there.
>
> I was wondering if someone have been using sympa without sendmail ?
>
> I am reconseidering using the new postfix MTA, any one have tried it ?
>
> how dificult would it be to use sympa connected to postfix, if you have any
> idea about it ?

We try it last week just for outgoing messages (we still use sendmail
listening on port 25). So Sympa works slightly faster, but it seems to
me that in this postfix configuration all mails are queued first and handled
by postfix so the average delay to distribute a mail was strongly longer then
with sendmail configuration.

Probably I need to tune postfix.

Serge Aumont