en - Re: sendmail or not sendmail

  • From: Olivier Tharan <address@concealed>
  • To: Jean Brange <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: sendmail or not sendmail
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:50:14 +0200
Le 10 mai 1999, Jean Brange écrivait :
> I was wondering if someone have been using sympa without sendmail ?
> I am reconseidering using the new postfix MTA, any one have tried it ?

Postfix aims to be sendmail-compatible in all terms, including the
aliases file, which is really all you need to use sympa ;-)

Nevertheless, I have recently switched my server from sendmail to
Postfix, and did not worry about majordomo or sympa, but the thing was,
Sympa kept on working like a charm!

So yes, you can use Sympa with Postfix, just keep an eye on it for the
first days.

olive
--
Olivier Tharan, <address@concealed>

Yea M$ Word is neat and all but at least TeX dosen't assume I'm stupid.