devel - [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jan '19 - Dec. '20)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jan '19 - Dec. '20)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 14:55:11 +0900

Hi folks,

As far as I remember, I haven't update this report for about two years.

> * Periodical releases of Sympa 6.2 have been done. Recently they
> were done by quarters[1] (if it is hard, releases may be done by
> half a year).

Ongoing. Almost every quarters a new stable release was out,
mainly due to bug fixes. That's why reducing release frequency is
difficult.

* Refactoring:

> - Implementation on delayed requests.
>
> With web interface, bulk approval of requests (such as
> DISTRIBUTE, SUBSCRIBE) can take long time and might cause
> browser timeout.
>
> One solution is to add a new spool to keep requests already
> approved (not requests to be approved -- it is there), and
> maybe another daemon process simultaneously flushes them.
> I'm not sure this solution is the best.

Not started yet.

> - Refactoring datasources. I want to start it in the end of this
> year and probably may be done in the first half of next year.

Refactoring has been done, and some regressions have been reported
and fixed. See #693 and related issues:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/693

> The goal is to define simple interface between datasource and
> GUI (vue and so on).

Not started yet. See also #20:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/20

> - OO-based robots and configuration mechanism.

The final goal is improving the code to manipulate list/domain/site
configuration in uniform method.

It has not been finished. Just the first step of refactoring has
been done. See #924:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/pull/924

> ### The other refactorings
>
> I think code for these things should be refactored:
>
> - Scenarios
>
> - Families

They have been done!

About scenarios see #782 and related things:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/pull/782

About families see #771 and related things:
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/pull/771

Though there were regression by these changes, but they have
been fixed.

Documentation about modules for these feature have revived.

*

The next report will be posted in June 2021, if I would remember.

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン
ITソリューション部 システムソリューション1グループ 池田荘児
〒140-0014 東京都品川区大井1-49-15 YK-17ビル4F
e-mail address@concealed
https://www.conversion.co.jp/

  • [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Jan '19 - Dec. '20), IKEDA Soji, 12/10/2020