devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] I'll work on Sympa every friday

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Luc Didry <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] I'll work on Sympa every friday
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:26:33 +0900

Hi Luc,

On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 16:25:28 +0200
Luc Didry <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Starting this week, my employer, Framasoft[1] gives me a day per week
> to work on Sympa. It will be the friday.
>
> I'll start hacking on the issues I opened[2] but feel free to suggest
> me other issues.
>
> As I'm the sysAdmin of Framasoft, there ineluctably will be some
> fridays where I'll not work on Sympa (you know, friday's production
> incidents, so common), but most of my fryday will be for Sympa.

It's good news!

Friday is lucky day, because IRC meeting is held in Friday morning
(in Europe. Friday evening in Japan), once or twice by months.

Actual issues at present in the community are discussed. Though
agreements made at this meeting are not immediately the consensus of
the community, the minutes are open to public. It would be great if
you could attend and discuss together.

The next meeting is 18th Oct.
# Could anyone announce the next meeting on this list?

On [2], you already have initiated the work to enhance environment
of the community. I wish to help as much as I can, such as expansion
of Developers' space[3].

BTW if you have a mind to do, could you check GH trackers (Issues,
PR) weekly? You don't necessarily have to answer to new submission,
but triage (adding labels to each issue) is also benefical job.
Quick response from community certainly makes impression to community
more favorable.

I'm sorry to asking many, but I'm glad if you could add things above
to your job list.

Regards,
-- Soji

[3] https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/wiki