devel - [sympa-developpers] About a RENATER folk

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] About a RENATER folk
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 17:33:29 +0900

I decided to write as short as possible. After all, this issue will
provide no benefit to development of Sympa, and we should not waste
the time and resources anymore.

- I hope Marc to learn about what is actually done on the community.
As I hear he is employed by RENATER as a full-time staff to
provide information about one FLOSS community to the others and
vice versa, observing what is done on the communuty is the
important part of his mission.

- However, I think, he has not done well on Sympa community in this
one year. For example: Amazingly, he has hardly ever read sources
of Sympa; OTOH He boycotted GitHub, freenode and forced us to report
our activity on the list (we are not your butlers!); He hasn't
reported a trouble with a particular version for months; and so on,
and so on.

Thus, I hope Marc to distance himself from the community --- so
that he will do what he has not been done in the past one year ---
at least in coming one year.

- Before distancing from the community, I wish him to release
previleges on the services: Registration of #sympa channel; billing
contact of GitHub organization sympa-community; and so on (are
there anything else? Please let us know).

Why I wish to release them is just practical: We have sometimes
felt inconvenient with his absence so far, even saying for one
year.

* Forgive my selfishness, but don't transfer such privileges to
me (Soji). I can't carry more housekeeping works than I have
already carried. Please ask someone else.

- However, even out of the community, he will be able to discharge
his duties: To provide information about Sympa community to the
others, and to persuade people how Sympa is useful for many
users (institutions). It will be appreciated for us that he will
devote himself to his mission.

Of course, if he prefer, he can keep in touch to the sources of
Sympa with his fork of his space on GitHub, as many people already
do. None prevent him from thinking about Sympa.

In the first place, those things are what he could do in this one
year so far, either he did or not.

Marc, I hope you to accept the requests above. Of couse I can't
order you to do this or that: I only can hope.

However, since I hope strongly, if you didn't accept, I want to talk
with your boss (supervisor or such): Thus, if you didn't, please
post her/his name and e-mail to this list.

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン